School’s out and cool treats are in season. Here are three easy recipes that will give you that watermelon sugar high! Best part: These kid-friendly recipes are easy for them to do on their own.
2-Ingredient Watermelon Ice Cream
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips and eat right away, or for a firmer consistency freeze for ~3 hours. If frozen longer, leave out on the counter for about 15 minutes to soften up again.
No-Churn Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
1 cup chopped pound cake, plus more for topping
1. Chop pound cake and strawberries into bite size pieces.
2. Whisk heavy cream until you have stiff peaks.
3. Add in a splash of vanilla extract.
4. Fold in sweetened condensed milk, then alternate adding in strawberries, and pound cake.
5. Scoop mixture into a 9″-x-5″ loaf pan and smooth over with a spatula.
6. Add reserved strawberries and pound cake to top and freeze until firm, about 5 hours.
NUTELLA MAGIC SHELL
2 Tbsp coconut oil
3. Pour remaining mixture back into the nutella jar (label to avoid confusion) and enjoy the magic stored at room temperature.
Tik Tok Rolled Ice Cream
1/4th cup sprinkles
2. Combine all ingredients (except sprinkles) in a jar with a lid and shake for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until well combined. 3. Pour liquid onto a medium sized baking sheet.
6. Once frozen, work very quickly to mark how wide your spatula is on one end of the tray and make a slice to match that width.