If you love to vacation, but hate packing, here are 10 tips that will get that suitcase closed!
Try On New Stuff
- I know kids hate trying on new clothes, but better to find out they don’t fit while you’re still home.
Mix & Match
- Try to pick colors and outfits you can easily mix and match.
- It makes getting dressed super easy and stress-free.
- For Ford, I pack one pair of sneakers and one pair of water shoes
- Presley gets an extra pair of fancy sandals and that’s it!
Pack Extra Clothes
- We all know kids are really messy.
- Take the number of days you’re traveling and multiply it by 1.5 and that’s the number of tops you should go for.
- For pajamas, take the number of days you’re traveling and divide by 2.
- I limit bathing suits to two because they pretty much wash themselves.
Check The Weather
- Even in Hawaii it gets a little chilly at night, so pack two neutral colored jackets.
Use Plastic Baggies
- Take non-clothes items and pack them in plastic baggies to stay organized.
Know How To Pack
- I place the clothes in first, and then the extra baggies in the negative space.
- Place shoes into a bag and pack them in.
Give Kids Mini Suitcase
- Great way to keep the kids busy is to give them a mini suitcase to pack and she can bring what she wants
- Place a sticky note on the door with last-minute morning items like lovies, monitors
- If you don’t unpack right away at your destination it will never happen.