Take a picture, it’ll last longer …and it makes for a great gift! These three photo gifts are easy and inexpensive to make, and guaranteed to melt grandma and grandpa’s heart!
- 4.5 x 4.5” Ceramic Tile
- Mod Podge (I used the matte finish)
- Black felt
- Hot glue gun
- Make sure photo is cut 4” x 3.”
- Take Mod Podge and apply a thin layer directly to the title.
- Place photo on top of the tile, leaving a small space at the top and about an inch at the bottom.
- Add another thin layer of Mod Podge over the photo.
- Attach the black felt to the back of the tile using hot glue.
- Pillar candle (white works best for photos but you can use any color for drawings)
- Tracing paper
- Image or Drawing (if using a photo it should be printed from a laser printer or laser copier)
- Wax paper
- Hair dryer
- Start by putting your image on tracing paper. You can have your little one draw a cute drawing directly onto the tracing paper or print a photo directly onto the paper.
- Cut the photo out and place onto the candle.
- Wrap a small piece of wax or parchment paper to hold it all in place.
- Use the heat from a blowdryer to attach the image permanently onto the candle. Hold a few inches away and dry on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
NOTE: If you are printing out a photo you’ll want to attach the tracing paper to a normal piece of printer paper with scotch tape which will make it easier to feed through the printer.
- Vertical Photo
- Hole Punch
- Place photo in laminating pocket and laminate.
- Once laminated cut the image out and punch a hole in the top and attach your tassel.