Set up a BFF playdate, and take a walk on the wild side with these adorable headbands inspired by Enchantimals! They’re easy to make, adorable, and make for extra fun pretend-play. Don’t forget to bring your camera out, mom!
- Plain headbands
- Hot glue gun
- Embellishments such as feathers or boas
- Start with a piece of orange felt and fold it in half. You can secure it with a binder clip to make it easier to cut.
- Now draw the ears (they’re basically just triangles so they’re easy to free-hand). Then cut out the ears.
- For the inside of the ears, cut smaller triangles out of a lighter tan felt.
- To attach to the headband, fold them around the headband and secure with hot glue. Then attach your inside triangles.
- Start with a piece of black felt and fold it in half. You can secure it with a binder clip and then cut out the ears. The ears are almost the same shape as the fox ears, but a little rounder in shape and pointier at the top.
- To attach to the headband, fold them around the headband and secure with hot glue.
- To add the white stripe to the middle, use a small piece of a feather boa. You can also use feathers or cotton balls.
- Start with a piece of cardboard that’s been cut in 5” in diameter, and fold it in half.
- Place your headband along the top, and trace along the inside. The cut along the lines so you’re left with a crescent shape.
- Glue the feathers to the crescent shape. Start with the largest feather in the middle, then move to the outsides and work your way in. Continue adding feathers until you’re happy with the way it looks.
- To attach to the headband, open up the frame, slide the headband through the middle, and pop the back up into place then secure with hot glue.