When Presley was younger, I didn’t travel anywhere. I missed college reunion trips, time with my husband because I had so much anxiety about leaving her. Here are my favorite tips for traveling without kids.
Don’t Sneak Out
- You want to give your kids a few days notice.
- It’s harder for moms than it is for the kids. They don’t really care. Ha!
- When telling your kid about the trip, make it seem as boring as possible so they don’t feel like they’re missing out.
- Leave extensive notes for everything, everywhere for your husband.
- Enlist other mom friends to check in with dad. 😉
- You can send bunches of emojis to your little one and just have emoji-filled exchanges!
- Take a video of yourself when you’re on the plane to send to your kids.
Bring Home A Treat
- Kids always love a fun surprise!
- It’s just as important as making memories with your friends or your husband.