When you get into a recipe rut, the best solution is asking your friends to send you their 5 go-to dinner recipes. Anything I make must be mom-approved and kid-tested. These avocado tacos are a fun, healthy twist on traditional tacos. They’re a great, satisfying vegetarian dinner.
- 4 large ripe avocados (not too ripe)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortillas, warmed
- taco bar fixings!
- Slice avocados into wedges.
- Mix buttermilk and olive oil in a shallow bowl. Mix panko, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip avocado slice in buttermilk mixture, let excess drip off. Then dip in panko until covered.
- Lay on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Assemble tacos and enjoy!