You’ve got a lot on your plate this holiday season; why not put the kids in charge of baking some Christmas cookies? Here are 3 easy recipes that your little ones can make themselves!
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
1. Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave (for about 1.5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds).
2. Dip Oreos in chocolate and decorate!
HOT COCOA COOKIES
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12-18 marshmallows, cut in half
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil- sprinkles or other edible decorations
1. Mix cookie dough with flour and cocoa. You can do by hand or with a mixer.
2. Take about a teaspoon of dough, roll into a ball and flatten slightly. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350 for about 6-8 minutes.
4. Place 1/2 marshmallow on top of each cookie and put back into oven for 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown.
5. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil into microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval. Continue until melted (usually about 1.5 minutes)
6. Drizzle chocolate over cookie and decorate. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Cookie
- 1 cup sugar
- 9 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
Ingredients for Filling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add egg and cream. Then add flour and cocoa powder and mix, slowly at first.
3. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix.
4. Roll dough by teaspoon full into a ball, roll in sugar, and flatten onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes.
6. While your cookies bake, make your filling. Cream butter and then add your powdered sugar, a little at a time.
7. Add peppermint extract and candy canes.
8. Once cookies are cool, add filling and some extra candy canes. Munch away!