These treats are just like the overpriced Peppermint Bark you can find in the gourmet stores around the holidays. Plus, the shape is way better on the homemade kind!
- 1 good quality dark chocolate bar (6oz), chopped
- 1 good quality white bar (6oz), chopped
- 4 tsp coconut oil (refined or unrefined is fine)
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 2-3 crushed candy canes
- In a double boiler, add the dark chocolate and 2 tsps of coconut oil. With a silicone spatula, stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from stove and use a spoon to pour melted chocolate into silicone molds. You can fill as much as you like, but you don’t want too much or your treat will be too thick to eat. Tilt to get into edges and rap on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Put in your freezer for about 8-10 minutes until it’s almost completely set (so the dark and white chocolates don’t mix), but not quite (so your layers don’t separate).
- While your dark chocolate is in the freezer, melt your white chocolate. Add your white chocolate and 2 tsp coconut oil to the double boiler. Melt over a VERY low simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat if it starts to scald along the edge.
- Remove from the heat and add the peppermint extract.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and pour white chocolate unto the dark chocolate. Sprinkle with candy canes. Put in refrigerator to fully set and store.