The holidays are all about finding a few cookie recipes you love and making them year after year. This recipe was a new one for me and I will be making it every year. These are easy to make and seriously addictive. You’re welcome! Or sorry?
- Saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar (light recommended)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Crushed candy canes
- Slivered almonds
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cracker on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Ideally you would have enough crackers to that they fill the baking sheet and can’t move.
- On the stove, melt the butter and brown sugar until the mixture begins to thicken and boil. Turn off heat.
- Pour over crackers. Place in oven for about 8 minutes or until the toffee bubbles on the crackers.
- Remove and sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers. Pop back into for about 2 minutes, until chocolate starts to melt. Spread with off-set spatula or butter knife. Then sprinkle with toppings.
- Cool in the freezer or at room temp. Store in airtight container.