My kids play a lot of sports and so they’ve been exposed to every brightly colored sports drink on the market. This DIY version — homemade Gatorade — has nothing artificial and satisfies all their replenishment requirements.
- 2 ½ cups coconut water
- juice of 1 orange (about ½ – ¾ cup)
- juice of 1-2 limes (about ¼ -½ cup)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2-3 drops trace mineral drops
- 1 TBSP honey
- ½ cup juice
1. Put coconut water in a mason jar or glass container. Add citrus juice, sea salt, trace mineral drops and honey. Shake very well to dissolve honey.
2. Add juice and shake. I like to keep the base in the fridge and add juice to individual servings.