Don’t let the idea of having guests over for dinner stress you out. Here are my favorite tips for hosting a dinner party and three of my go-to recipes: one appetizer, one main, and one dessert. Thanks to Walmart Plus for sponsoring this video. Visit walmartplus.com to start your free trial.
A couple of. my favorite tips:
- I plan my menu a few days in advance. Rules of thumb: make no more than three dishes, no new recipes, and limit last-minute cooking. Let your guests bring something if they offer!
- Prep what you can in advance so you’re not scrambling on the day of. Desserts can be assembled and oven-ready. Marinades can be prepared and refrigerated. Veggies can be sliced. Etc.
- Sticky notes placed in empty serving platters provide a roadmap and make it easy for others to help!
- Set up a DIY beverage bar with drinks for kids and grownups.
- Postpone cleaning duty by soaking dirty dishes overnight in a dishpan so you can relax and return to the job the next morning:)
Want more tips and delicious recipes? Watch the video! Happy hosting!