Mixing things up is key to getting my kids to eat their lunches at school. This week we decided to go plant-based, so I’m sharing three delicious recipes to get your kids on board. Thanks to Simple Truth & Kroger for sponsoring this video.
Check out the Simple Truth & Simple Truth Organic line here for product info and coupons. Shop @simpletruth4u products at a Kroger Family store near you, including Kroger, Smith’s, Ralph’s, Fred Meyer, Dillons, Baker’s, Gerbes, King Soopers, City Market and Fry’s and many more. #SimpleTruthPlantBased
French Toast Muffins
- 1.5 cup Simple Truth Oatmilk
- 1.5 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1.5 tbsp almond meal
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 9 slices soft bread
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Simple Truth Organic Plant Based Buttery Spread
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 375 F.
2) Mix together flaxseed, almond meal, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a mason jar, put the lid on and shake well. Then place jar in refrigerator so ingredients can begin to set.
3) In a mixing bowl add all the crumble toppings together until fully incorporated.
4) Slice bread into 4 squares each (should end up with 36 squares).
5) Grease the muffin tin with Simple Truth organic Plant Based Buttery Spread.
6) Begin to layer your muffin tins, starting with about 1 teaspoon of liquid mixture in each space, followed by one square of bread, then blueberries (we used about 3 per layer)
7) Add a bit of the liquid mixture.
8) Spread about 1 teaspoon (or less) of crumble on top.
9) Cover with another square of bread and pack it down well.
10) Repeat 2 more times. (Note: You may have left over liquid mixture at the end.)
11) Bake for about 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the tops begin to brown.
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- 9 ounces vegan chocolate chips ~1 1/4 cups
- 7 tbsp canned coconut milk (well shaken or blended in food processor)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp flaxseed
- raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder (to roll truffles in)
- chia seeds (optional, to roll truffles in)
1) In a small saucepan add canned coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
2) Turn off heat and add in vegan chocolate.
3) Stir until melted.
4) Add vanilla and flaxseed and stir to incorporate.
5) Pour into a glass bowl and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
6) Once set, spoon out truffles and shape into a ball with your palm.
7) Place each truffle into a bowl of either chia seeds or raw cocoa powder to coat.
8) Set on a baking sheet in the fridge until firm and then in an airtight container, or a portioned amount directly into a lunch container after rolling.
Plant Based Burritos
- 1 medium sweet potato, finely diced
- 1 package Simple Truth Emerge Plant Based Grinds
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cumin (or more to taste)
- salsa (on side to dip)
- Simple Truth Organic Plant Based Sour Cream Alternative (on side to dip)
1) In a large skillet, add oil and set on medium heat.
2) Add finely diced sweet potato, some salt and pepper, and saute until softened (about 5 min).
3) To your skillet add one package of Simple Truth Grinds.
4) Add more salt and pepper and cumin.
5) Continuously stir and break up the pieces of Simple Truth Grinds
6) Saute until it begins to change in texture.
7) Warm your tortilla and assemble burrito.
8) Add sides for dipping.