Dinner is always such a crazy time in any household, especially those with school-aged kids. This veggie friend rice recipe is one of those I make at least every other week. I often have leftover rice in my fridge and some veggies I’m looking to use up. This dinner comes together in under 12 minutes and it’s great for the whole family. Slice, dice, saute and serve.
- 2 cups rice
- 1 frozen cube garlic
- 6 baby carrots, sliced in half then cut into small pieces
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon avocado or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 eggs
1. Saute veggies 5 minutes, remove from pan.
2. Add a bit more oil and then the rice, breaking up any clumps. Cook 2-3 mins.
3. Move rice to side and add eggs. Scramble to cook then bring in the rice. Cook until eggs are no longer raw.
4. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and veggies and peas and stir.