This is one of our all-time favorite DIYs. It’s a must have for your backyard and for sensory play. With just a few materials to build and a little bit of magic, you’ve got the perfect source of entertainment for your toddlers.
- 19ft of 3/4” PVC pipe (usually sold in 4-5ft lengths)
- (8) 3/4″ Three Way Connectors (slip, not threaded)
- (2) 3/4″ Tee Joints (slip, not threaded)
- (2 ) 3/4” Elbow Connectors (slip, not threaded)
- Pipe cutter
- 40 Quart Storage Bin
- Mark your PVC pipe with the following measurements and cut with pipe cutter:
4x 16” (or to your desired height.)
- Build the base with two 21” and two of 14 – ½“ and make a rectangle with four of the three-way connectors.
- Next, make the top with two of the 10” pieces and join them together with a Tee joint. Repeat with the other two pieces. Join them together with your remaining three-way connectors.
- For the stabilizer bar, connect your 3 – ½” pieces into the bottom of each Tee joint.
- Add an elbow connector to each side, and place last 14” piece in the middle.
- Take the last four pieces, which are the legs and insert them into the base and then attach the top. Make sure everything is nice and secure.
- Place tub inside the frame, and you’re ready to play!
- Make sure all your connectors are smooth inside and not threaded.
- You can make your table with any size bin, just measure the sides to determine the length you need to cut your pipe.
- The legs can be any height, I made mine 16” so that it would be the right height for Lincoln.