In-laws coming to town? Your hallway may be calling out for a major closet overhaul. I seriously can’t believe the transformation we saw, from a closet I couldn’t walk through to a space I completely enjoy now!
1. Get rid of stuff
- Set aside anything for donations or returns.
- Don’t keep things you haven’t used in a year or more.
2. Pick your container
- Clear shoe boxes are great for art supplies or travel supplies. They’re not so big that things are going to get lost inside.
- Add a label for an even more organized and neat look!
3. Create stations by the frequency of access
- Create stations for art supplies, medicine, extra kid toys, etc.
4. Find space for everything else
- All your containers don’t have to look the same.
- It’s okay if they don’t all have lids on them.
- It’s okay if not everything has a container.
- Take supplies like toilet paper, bandages out of their packaging so you have more space.
- You don’t have to fill up extra empty space.