If I’m being honest, I’ve never been a huge fan of blueberry muffins. The blueberries bursting with juice all over carby perfection, it’s just not my jam. But these blueberry muffins has just the right quantity of fruit and if you use the smaller, Maine blueberries, your carbs are preserved. I could eat these every morning, but… carbs.
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk (we use 2%)
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups frozen blueberries (we prefer small, Maine blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, milk and beat.
- Add baking powder and salt; mix.
- Toss blueberries with flour. Then incorporate into mixture (by hand or electric mixture).
- Fill muffin tin with batter and bake about 15-20 minutes for mini-muffins, longer for regular size muffins.