These muffins are great for Thanksgiving but really, they’ll do any time of year. The sweet potato and sugar give them a touch of sweetness, and they’re perfecting for dipping or just devouring.
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup Cream of Wheat
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP oil (olive oil, vegetable oil or unrefined coconut oil)
- Steam sweet potatoes for about 7 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Puree sweet potatoes in food processor until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly, then mix in milk, eggs, greek yogurt, and oil. Whisk.
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients. Then slowly combine wet and dry until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tin and bake for 18-22 minutes.