These bran muffins are insanely moist and totally addictive. And best of all, your kids will actually eat them (and if they’re like my 3-year-old nephew… they’ll ask for them, repeatedly on a loop). Unheard of, right?
1 cup wheat bran
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup softened butter (my mom always used Crisco)
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups bran cereal
2 cup buttermilk
1. Pour boiling water over wheat bran and set aside.
2. Whip butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix slowly to incorporate.
3. Mix in the bran/water mixture until combined.
4. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
5. The batter keeps in the refrigerated for 7-10 days. The muffins freeze well.