This pasta is honestly one of my favorite dinners. It’s a big bowl of comfort, but one that even your kids will love. The creamy texture of the sauce is everything.
- 3 TBSP butter
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid
- Melt butter in a heavy bottom saucepan. Add sage and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add onion, butternut squash, chicken broth and salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until squash is tender.
- While squash cooks, cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of liquid for use later.
- When squash is tender, puree in a blender until smooth (leaving the cap off to let steam escape and covering with a towel).
- Pour sauce over pasta, adding reserved liquid if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve warm or let cool and store in air-tight container.