Some people don’t believe in hiding veggies in their kid’s food. I get it. But I have a picky eater and if I can sneak in extra nutrients without her knowing, I’m all for it. Some day maybe I’ll be able to reason with her, but until then, this pasta sauce rocks.
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3-4 slices orange pepper, chopped
- Cauliflower (either ¼ cup riced or a few florets)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or a jar of pasta
- Heat olive oil and add all veggies. Saute until soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes and simmer 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Puree sauce with immersion blender, adding water to thin out and smooth if necessary.
- Cover pasta in sauce and add cheese!