Some people don’t believe in hiding veggies in their kids’ food. I get it. But I have a picky eater and if I can sneak in extra nutrients without her knowing, I’m all for it. Some day maybe I’ll be able to reason with her, but until then, this hidden veggie pasta sauce rocks.
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3-4 slices orange pepper, chopped
- Cauliflower (either ¼ cup riced or a few florets)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or a jar of pasta
- Heat olive oil and add all veggies. Saute until soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes and simmer 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Puree sauce with immersion blender, adding water to thin out and smooth if necessary.
- Cover pasta in sauce and add cheese!