If you’re looking for something fun to give your kids for breakfast, how about cookies? I’m sure they won’t turn those down. These are healthy enough to serve up before school and taste so yummy.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ cups quick cook oats (can also use rolled oats)
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup almond flour (can also use almond meal)
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (add more or less depending on saltiness of your almond butter)
- ½ cup carob chips
- ½ cup cereal
- In a large bowl mash the bananas, then add almond butter, pumpkin puree, baking powder, baking soda, oil, agave nectar, honey salt, vanilla and stir.
- Add in oats, almond flour, whole wheat flour and hemp hearts and mix well.
- Add carob chips and stir until well combined.
- Drop cookies by spoonfuls on lined baking sheet and press down slightly to flatten them.
- Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown.