My kids will only eat cereal for so many days before I start to get eye rolls. Aside from smoothies, breakfast quesadillas are my fallback. I make a big batch and stick them in the freezer so I can pull them out on a weekday morning as my coffee is brewing.
- scrambled eggs
- sausage (or turkey bacon, etc)
- shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
- avocado slices for the top
- Optional: spinach, broccoli, any typical omelet filling
- Place tortilla on plastic wrap. Fill one half with eggs, sausage, and cheese (being generous with cheese).
- Using plastic wrap, fold the tortilla in half and wrap. Store in freezer.
- When you’re ready to eat, you can either thaw in refrigerator overnight OR microwave at 50% power for 1:30. Cook your quesadilla at 350° for 6 minutes per side OR cook in a greased skillet.
- Top with avocado (and any other toppings you like). Enjoy!