I had no idea bubble tea was something you could make yourself. Well, it is. The tapioca pearls are widely available and you can pretty much put them in anything. You’ll need an extra wide straw, but it’s so worth it.
- 1 cup tapioca pearls
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mangos
- optional agave for sweetness
- optional extra wide boba straws
- Cook tapioca pearls according to package directions. Ours say to add tapioca pearls into boiling water. Boil for 3 minutes. Cover and turn off heat. Let simmer for 3 minutes. Put pearls in cool water for 20 seconds and then drain.
- Blend milk and frozen fruit until smooth (will be a very thin smoothie consistency but feel free to make thicker by adding more fruit).
- Add pearls to a glass, pour in milk and enjoy! You’ll need a thick straw!