Ditch the banana bread and spice things up with this moist, sweet eggnog bread. If you’re looking for an A+, take it to the next level by baking it in mason jars and dressing them up as everything from Snowmen to Reindeer. They make the perfect treat for your kids to hand to their teachers!
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup eggnog (I use 1 1/4 cup traditional eggnog, but only 1 cup almond milk eggnog; you don’t want your batter too thick)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- Preheat over to 325. You can butter your mason jars if you want to slide the bread out, but we like to eat them out of the jar!
- In mixing bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs, eggnog, yogurt and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir to combine.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, add melted butter and sugar; whisk until combined. Add eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla and eggnog and mix well. Scrape down the sides.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder, salt and spices and mix to combine. The batter will be a little thick, but if it’s really thick, you can add more eggnog. You want just slightly thicker than muffin batter.
- Pour batter into your mason jars, wiping down any drips on the side (so it doesn’t burn).
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.