I love my coffee, but sometimes, especially in the afternoon or evening, I cannot consume caffeine. This turmeric latte is a mug of creamy heaven that’s so soothing it will become a nightly habit.
- ½ cup distilled water
- 2 tsp organic ground turmeric root
- 1 TBSP + 2 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp organic ground ginger root
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tsp turmeric paste
- 2 tsp honey (to taste)
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cloves
1. In a saucepan, combine water and turmeric. Whisk constantly until a paste forms (about 5 minutes).
2. Add coconut oil, black pepper, ginger and cinnamon and stir. Store in a glass bowl.
3. Heat your milk on the stove or in the microwave. Add to a blender with the rest of your latte ingredients and blend until frothy.