If you’re an almond milk lover, there’s nothing like the homemade variety. This stuff is such a treat as it’s thicker and creamier than the store bought kind. The kids will have tons of fun making it too. Use the leftover pulp in your muffins!
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 3 ½ cups filtered water (plus more water for soaking)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Cover almonds in water and soak at least 8 hours, preferably overnight. Or cover in boiling water and soak for an hour.
- Drain almonds, and add to blender. Add 3 ½ cups filtered water and blend for about 1 minute, until almonds are finely blended.
- Strain in nut bag, jelly strainer, or fine mesh sieve.
- Stir in flavors if desired. Refrigerate and enjoy within 3 days.