Any kind of flavored milk is a hit in our house. But the strawberry kind you can buy at the store is filled with ingredients you’d rather not have your kids chugging down. This homemade strawberry milk is the answer.
- 2 cups, hulled, halved strawberries
- ⅓ – ½ TBSP honey (depending on sweetness of strawberries)
- 1 cup water
- About 2 cups milk (your preferred variety)
- In a saucepan, add your berries, water and honey. Put on a simmer and cook until the strawberries get soft. Smush them with the back of a spoon or a potato masher as much as possible.
- Simmer for about 18 minutes, smoothing along the way. Remove from heat and allow to cool. You can store in fridge at this point or add to milk.
- Add about 3 TBSP of the strawberry syrup to a jar and then 1 cup of milk. Shake. Taste and add more syrup if desired. Enjoy!