If the only hummus you’ve tasted is store-bought, you are totally missing out. Making your own hummus results in the fluffiest, creamiest kind and it couldn’t be easier to do.
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice (about one medium lemon) + 2 TBSP water (you want ¼ cup of liquid)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 1-2 TBSP water (if needed)
- Whip tahini and lemon juice plus water (total of 1/4 cup liquid) for about 1 minute in a food processor.
- Add garlic, cumin and salt. Then with the motor running add your olive oil slowly.
- Add ½ the chickpeas and puree until fairly smooth. Scrape down the sides and add the other ½ and continue processing until smooth.
- Optional: add 1-2 TBSPs additional water until you get a creamy consistency.