If peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are in your regular lunchbox rotation, I highly recommend this homemade jam. No candy thermometers (or whatever it is my aunt used for hers) involved. But the result is pure deliciousness.
- 1 lb chopped strawberries
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP honey (you may need more if your strawberries aren’t sweet)
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine all ingredients. Simmer on VERY low heat for about 25 minutes.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to smash the strawberries along the way.
- Remove from stove. Puree in a food processor to get rid of big clumps.
- Cool and store in a glass container. Keeps for about a week.