This magic bean soup packs so many nutritious ingredients, you will feel so good putting it on your dinner table. And your kids will lap it up.
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
- 8 oz of brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 small jar of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (drained)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of Cannellini beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 jar/can of quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- slice bread
- shredded cheese
- Preheat broiler to 400°.
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a large pot over medium-high until shimmering. Add 8 oz of brown mushrooms (sliced) and stir for 1-2 min then add 1 yellow onion (diced) (and more olive oil if needed). Saute until lightly browned, about 3 min.
- Add 3 cloves of garlic (minced) and 1 small jar of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (drained) and cook another 2 min.
- Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2 cans of Cannellini beans (drained & rinsed), 1 jar/can of quartered artichoke hearts (drained), some salt & pepper, 1 tsp dried oregano and 1 tsp dried thyme.
- Cover the pan, turn the heat down to medium, and cook for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, put whatever bread you have on hand on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, top with whatever cheese you have on hand and bake under the broiler for 5 min. Garnish stew with chopped parsley.