When I first posted this black bean and sweet potato taquitos recipe to YouTube, people raved about the taste. However, some people commented on the taquitos’ resemblance to… well… ya know. Can’t win ’em all. Promise they’re a winner on the supper table.
- 3 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 can black beans
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10-12 flour tortillas, taco size
- about 2 tsp olive oil for brushing
- ¼ cup shredded cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and ½ tsp of salt. Lay in single layer on baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- In food processor, process roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, water, ½ tsp salt, cumin and cinnamon, until smooth.
- Reduce temperature of oven to 350°. Fill tortillas with about 2-3 heaping TBSP of filling.
- Roll and lay seam side down on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and cook about 20 minutes.
- Flip taquitos and top with cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!