When I first posted this recipe to YouTube, people raved about the taste. However, some people commented on the taquitos resemblance to… well… ya know. Can’t win ’em all. Promise they’re a winner on the supper table.
- 3 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 can black beans
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10-12 flour tortillas, taco size
- about 2 tsp olive oil for brushing
- ¼ cup shredded cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and ½ tsp of salt. Lay in single layer on baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- In food processor, process roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, water, ½ tsp salt, cumin and cinnamon, until smooth.
- Reduce temperature of oven to 350°. Fill tortillas with about 2-3 heaping TBSP of filling.
- Roll and lay seam side down on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and cook about 20 minutes.
- Flip taquitos and top with cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!