There are times when I question food trends. Zucchini Noodles were one of those times because I tried a bunch of soggy ones before I landed on this recipe. But now that I have this recipe in my arsenal, it’s on the regular menu.
- 2 zucchini
- Whole wheat pasta (optional)
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 TBSP pine nuts
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Trim off both sides of zucchini, and place in center of the spiralizer and start twirling.
- To reduce the water from the zucchini, place your noodles in a colander and sprinkle them with kosher salt. Set aside for approximately 20 minutes.
- To make your sauce, place all your ingredients into a food processor and blend.
- Once complete, scoop out the mixture into a bowl.
- Pat zucchini noodles dry between two paper towels.
- Sautee with olive oil on low heat to make a little more like pasta.
- OPTIONAL: Make whole wheat pasta to add to zucchini noodles so it’s more of a meal for kids, and less like a vegetable.
- Add delicious avocado pesto on top, and mix.
Like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter!