Once upon a time Trader Joe’s used to have these Danish Pancakes that were bite-size and utterly delicious. But they discontinued them, without so much as a personal letter to my family, who I can only assume was the #1 buyer. Well, you can get pretty close to creating pancake bites with a donut hole pan. So we did.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 TBSP flax seed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in small bowl. In large bowl, beat egg, vanilla, butter and milk until combined.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Butter your pan and drop in about ¾ full with batter. Push in either a couple blueberries or some mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.