Nothing like a friendly competition to up your dinner game. Who will win the premiere challenge of Top Mom Chef? 🙂 Thanks to National Pork Board for sponsoring this video! Visit http://pork.org/cooking to learn more.
- 1 lb linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped into inch-size pieces
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to directions, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
2. While pasta cooks, saute bacon in large saucepan. Once just crisp, add frozen peas and cook until just thawed (2-3 minutes).
3. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, parmesan and pepper.
4. Add a couple tablespoons of pasta water, whisking so your eggs don’t cook.
5. Add pasta to your bacon/peas and stir to coat.
6. Remove pan from heat and add egg mixture, stirring quickly to combine and avoid scrambling eggs.
7. Add more cooking liquid as you needed to thin sauce.
PORK CARNITAS TACOS
- 3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
1. Trim excess fat from pork shoulder. Then cut pork into 2-inch chunks and place in InstaPot.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on HIGH pressure for 35 minutes. Allow to vent naturally for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove pork and shred, placing on baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 minutes until pieces of pork get crispy.
ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional but highly recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Trim excess fat and silver skin from tenderloin.
2. Rub with oil on both sides. Mix seasonings together and sprinkle over oiled pork.
3. Roast at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 145. Let rest for 3 minutes, then carve.
OPTIONAL SAUCE (based on judge’s feedback):
In a small saucepan, combine the 5 tablespoons maple syrup with 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Turn heat to high and boil for about 3 minutes, until mixture has reduced to about 1/3 of a cup. Turn off heat and whisk in the 2 tsp dijon mustard.
Watch the next episode of Top Mom Chef.