Open your calendar, go to the start of next season, pick a day and mark it: Closet Refresh. Repeat each season, and thank us later (just kidding, you can totally thank us now).
This is such an effective way to keep closet organized year-round, while also making the most out of your wardrobe!
1. Store clothes
- First I go through all my winter stuff. If I find something I haven’t worn at all, I set it aside to either donate or sell.
- Everything I’m keeping gets washed or dry cleaned before storing.
2. Bring out summer clothes
- Bring summer stuff out from storage and try out things that I’m not so sure about anymore.
- The things I really love, go back in the closet.
- I organize it by my tank tops, my skirts, my dresses, and that way I can see what I need more of.
- I don’t have time to shop in an actual store, so this year I tried thredUP, which is the largest online thrift store for women’s and kid’s fashion.
- You can find all your favorite brands for up to 90% off.
- The deals are incredible and it’s so convenient to shop! Every mom should know this hack!