Is anyone else always shocked at the price tag on marble coasters?! We figured out how to make marble coasters from clay and they were a total success. Your guests never have to know. 😉
- Pick what colors you want to use and cut off a small slice of each color. You want to end up with about 6 ½” pieces.
- Take each color and roll it out until you have a strand that’s 8-9” long.
- Once all your clay is rolled out, you’ll take the strands and twist them together.
- Then roll it into a ball. You’ll see a cool pattern start to appear.
- Roll out clay with a rolling pin and continue until you have a disc that’s ¼” thick.
- To create an even more marbled effect repeat steps 4 & 5.
- Create super-clean edge by punching out with a cookie cutter.
- Place coaster in the oven at 300° and let cook for 25-30 mins.
- Once cooked, color edges with a metallic pen.
- Finally, seal it with a coat of gloss glaze.