These little guys make a perfect fruit basket, a key & trinket holder, or just as room decor. Luckily, they’re so easy to make- you’ll have a lace bowl for every purpose… and then some. (Gift idea, anyone?!)
- Cotton lace doily
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Combine the sugar and water and stir.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Place mixture in microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Give the mixture a quick stir and mix up any sugar that may have settled on the bottom.
- Immerse the doily into the mixture. Use a spoon to make sure it’s completely saturated.
- Remove the doily and squeeze out any excess liquid and place it on your mold. An upside-down bowl works best.
- Make sure the fabric is nice and smooth on the surface of your bowl.
- Place bowl in oven at 225° for 20 minutes to set. **Only put 100% cotton in oven.**
- Once done, let bowl cool and then remove doily. Ta da!