Start saving your empty lip balm containers! You can make your own homemade lip balm in just five minutes, and experiment with different colors and scents! This is one of our all-time favorite DIYs, especially because we’re always losing our lip balm (seriously, where does it always go?!).
- 4 TBSP beeswax
- 4 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp vitamin e oil
- 6-8 drops peppermint oil
- 1 tsp lipstick or crayons for color
- Round containers
- Grate beeswax so it’s easier to measure.
- Combine beeswax and coconut oil and place in microwave for 1 minute until it’s fully mixed but not boiling.
- Add lipstick or crayons to give it a tint and vitamin e oil and peppermint oil to add moisture and give it a scent. Place in microwave for 10 seconds until melted and then stir.
- Fill in your pots and let them sit.