Start saving your empty lip balm containers! You can make your own homemade lip balm in just 5 minutes, and experiment with different colors and scents! This is one of our all-time favorite DIYs, especially because we’re always losing our lip balm (seriously, where does it always go?!).
- 4 TBSP beeswax
- 4 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp vitamin e oil
- 6-8 drops peppermint oil
- 1 tsp lipstick or crayons for color
- Round containers
- Grate beeswax so it’s easier to measure.
- Combine beeswax and coconut oil and place in microwave for 1 minute until it’s fully mixed but not boiling.
- Add lipstick or crayons to give it a tint and vitamin e oil and peppermint oil to add moisture and give it a scent. Place in microwave for 10 seconds until melted and then stir.
- Fill in your pots and let them sit.