There is nothing worse than a house full of sick kids and parents. Here are some great natural and holistic tricks to keep your family healthy during cold season. Combine these with our sick and ouchie mom hacks and you’re good to go!
Essential Oils 101
- Frankincense – great for cellular repair
- Lemon – wonderful to help detox the body
- Onguard – helps support the immune system and help kill off harmful bacteria and viruses
- Melaleuca – helps fight bacterial, fungal and viral infections
- For a child, combine 5 drops of each oil into a roller bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle up with a carrier oil such as coconut oil and roll it once or twice on the bottom of the feet.
- Essential oil diffusers are great too! They work like humidifiers and diffuse the scent.
- You want the purest essential oil you can find.
- Has lots of vitamins A, B, & C and is very high in antioxidants.
- Studies show that this can help reduce the duration of a cold!
- Grab some bones from a chicken that you roasted. Put them in the freezer until you have enough. Pour them in a pot and fill water above the line of the carcass. Add some carrots, and onions and let it come to a boil. Then bring it down to a simmer and let it simmer for 12-24 hours.
- It has so many minerals that are great to build immunity. 80% of immunity is in your gut, and it helps to heal that intestinal lining.
- These are great for populating your gut with healthy bacteria.
- You can take these year-round, or if you don’t they’re great to do after a round of antibiotics.
Epsom Salt Bath
- Epsom salt is great for magnesium, which helps with fatigue and muscle cramping.
- Magnesium is also one of the minerals people are most deficient in.
- Baking soda is great too, it helps neutralize the water.
- Add Rosemary or Juniper essential oil to the salt or baking soda, which are good for detoxing the body.