If you’re looking to mix it up from your usual banana bread, this crumb-topped applesauce bread is amazing. It’s full of flavor and couldn’t be easier to make. Plus, there are some sneaky, healthy ingredients.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened or cinnamon)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, greek yogurt and applesauce.
- Add the vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with crumbs. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
— CRUMBS— Put 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp flour, 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt in food processor. Turn on and add 4 tablespoons butter a bit at a time until it resembles crumbs.