This is my mom’s granola recipe and it’s the best granola ever (I’m not biased.) It’s so easy to make and is the perfect combo of sweet and crunchy.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 TBSP flaxseed meal
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup honey (you may want an extra 1 tablespoon if you like chunkier granola)
- 1 TBSP vanilla
1. Mix oats, coconut, almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seed meal and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Over medium heat combine oil and honey. Bring just to a boil, then turn off the heat and add the vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until dry ingredients are totally covered.
4. Bake at 300° for about 10 minutes, then stir. Bake another 10-20 minutes. Watch VERY carefully. Remove when golden brown.
5. Cool completely before storing.