Cauliflower crust pizza is all the rage. And who can blame whoever it is that sets off rages. A healthy, vegetable (is that redundant?) that poses as a carb? I can get on board with that, and I did, with this amazing dinner recipe.
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into chunks
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2-3 TBSP grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pizza/tomato sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup turkey pepperoni (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. In a food processor, puree cauliflower until very fine. Turn out into a microwaveable bowl, cover loosely and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, until your cauliflower is tender.
2. Let you cauliflower cool, then put into a dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3. Add eggs, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and salt. Stir until well combined. Turn out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pat down until thing crust is formed. Sprinkle with olive oil.
4. Baked in 425° oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Remove crust from oven. Cover with tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings or your choice. Put back into the oven for about 5 minutes, until your cheese melts.