I adore granola. In any form, really. But I have say, these easter eggs are among my favorite. And by no means do I limit myself to making them for Easter. They work just as well in a four leaf clover mold.
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons ground flax seed
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats through dried coconut). Add almond butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- In a sauce pan, heat honey, coconut oil and vanilla until sugar is melted and mixture just starts to simmer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until incorporated. Add 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Spoon into mold and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely (about 30 minutes) before removing from the molds.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval. Add a few drops of beet juice. If your chocolate gets clumpy, add the coconut oil and warm in the microwave for 15 seconds, then stir.