This chocolate cake is a perfect first recipe for kids. It’s easy to mix up and hard to mess up — basically foolproof. Plus, it tastes fudge-y and delicious. I mean… look at those excited faces. 😊
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup milk + 2 tablespoons (2% or whatever you have on hand)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease 7 inch springform pan, set aside. (You can also use an 8 inch cake pan, just reduce cooking time to 20-25 minutes.)
3. Over a large bowl, into a sifter, add flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt then sift.
4. Add sugar and cinnamon to other dry ingredients and whisk.
5. Next, whisk in the wet ingredients (milk, egg, oil, and vanilla).
6. Mix all ingredients until incorporated. (Note: If the batter looks too thick add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.)
7. Bake for 30-35 min in a 7 inch springform pan at 350 degrees.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before releasing from spring form pan.
9. Decorate and enjoy!