Growing up in Connecticut, Italian ice was a go-to summertime dessert. It’s so easy to make, so refreshing and your kids will go crazy for it. And by making it at home, you don’t need to wait for hours on end for that ice cream truck to come ’round.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 2 TBSP sugar or honey
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 3 cups ice
1. In a food processor or blender, puree fruit, sugar, lemon juice and 1.5 cups ice until smooth.
2. Add remaining ice and process until completely smooth.
3. Put in 9 x 13 baking pan (freezer safe) and put in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and scrape down.
4. Put back in the freezer for 2 hours. Remove and let thaw for 5 minutes. Using a fork, scrape and break up ice until it’s slushy.