If you’re looking for an excuse to have cake for breakfast, this peach and blueberry Greek yogurt cake recipe is it. The Greek yogurt keeps it moist and the fruit, well, that’s your justification.
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ stick unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup greek yogurt (2% or full fat)
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large peach, sliced thinly
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Butter your pan (either a 9 in. cake pan, springform pan or disposable pan).
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl.
3. In a mixer, beat eggs, vanilla, butter and greek yogurt.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Top with peaches and blueberries in any pattern you like.
6. Bake for about 30-45 minutes depending on which pan you use (either way start testing at 30 minutes because this cake tastes best when not overcooked).
7. Dust with powder sugar or some raspberry sauce (just puree frozen raspberries in a food processor until smooth).