If you love diet soda as much as we do, then you probably have a bunch of empty cans in your recycling. Next time you get your caffeine fix, set your cans aside for some upcycling projects! These hacks are awesome, so easy, and great to have around the house.
Herb Garden Pots
- Soda can for every herb you want to plant
- Can opener
- Spray paint in the color (colors) of your choice
- Remove the lids from each can with the can opener, leaving you with a nice smooth edge.
- Head outside or to a well-ventilated area to spray paint your cans. Hold the spray paint about 8-12 inches away from the can.
- Depending on your paint, you’ll need to do 2-4 coats of spray paint. Be sure to let the paint dry about a minute in between coats.
- Label your cans if you like.
- Use the cans to pot herbs you already have or plant new seeds into potting soil and watch them grow!
- 6 empty cans
- Can opener
- Hot glue gun
- Metal hole puncher
- Paper wrapped floral wire
- Spray paint (optional)
- Remove the lids from each can with the can opener.
- Punch one hole near the tops of four of the cans.
- Arrange the cans in a rectangular shape with two rows of three. The four cans that have holes should be at the ends and placed so that the holes are facing each other.
- Secure the cans by attaching them to one another with a hot glue gun.
- To create a handle: Thread the floral wire through two holes on one end of the can arrangement, and make a loop. Attach the other end of the floral wire to the other end of the can arrangement by doing the same thing.
- Optional: Spray paint the cans in the color of your choice.
- Take a neatly cut piece of painter’s tape and use it to cover up the name or word on the side of the can.
- Spray paint the entire can.
- Let it dry and peel off the sticker.
- Add a votive, light it, and enjoy your custom candle holder.