Friendship bracelets are back & more beautiful than ever! So while the kids are busy for the next few hours creating this blast from the past, give your BFF from elementary school a call.
- Pick your colors!
- Double over each strand measured to 4 feet and cut. This will leave you with two strands of each color and a loop at the top.
- Tie a knot which will be the button closure at the end.
- Clip the knot to a clipboard or secure with tape. Separate each of the strings.
- Consider whatever knot sequence you’re doing and you’ll start to see your pattern appear.
- Once you get to your desired length you’re going to tie it off with a basic knot.
- Finally, add a button for the closure. If you have a button with 4 holes, just thread a piece of string through each loop and then tie them together using the rest of the string.
Candy stripe pattern (3 colors)
- Take outermost thread on your left and form a “4” and loop it under and pull it tight. You’re going to tie two of these on each thread all the way across.
Chevron pattern (4 colors)
- Split colors in half so that each side is a mirror image of the other.
- Start with outermost thread on the left and tie a forward knot twice on the thread directly next to it. Repeat this on each thread until you get to the middle.
- Take outermost thread on the right and repeat sequence until you get to the middle.
- Once the light colors meet in the middle tie two forward knots.