You know what they say, ‘one girl’s pair of old leggings, is another girl’s new scrunchie’. Okay, maybe that’s not exactly the saying- but we love all of our new & one-of-a-kind hair accessories that came out of this simple upcycling project!
- Cut the legging at the top where the two legs meet.
- Measure out the elastic to about 9 inches.
- Pull the elastic all the way through the pant leg and tie a double knot with the two elastic ends so it doesn’t come loose.
- Tuck the raw edge under the finished edge and then glue.
- Take a pair of leggings and cut the waistband off.
- Take the pants and cut about a 2-inch strip all the way down. Tie two knots at the end.
- To make the flower, start twisting and winding around the knot, gluing as you go. It kind of looks like a snail.
- Glue the flower to the headband
It’s such an easy craft and the girls and I are loving it.