You know what they say, one girl’s pair of old leggings, is another girl’s new scrunchie. Okay, maybe that’s not exactly the saying. But we love all of our new, one-of-a-kind DIY hair accessories that came out of this simple upcycling project using old leggings.
- Cut the legging at the top where the two legs meet.
- Measure out the elastic to about 9 inches.
- Pull the elastic all the way through the pant leg and tie a double knot with the two elastic ends so it doesn’t come loose.
- Tuck the raw edge under the finished edge and then glue.
- Take a pair of leggings and cut the waistband off.
- Take the pants and cut about a 2-inch strip all the way down. Tie two knots at the end.
- To make the flower, start twisting and winding around the knot, gluing as you go. It kind of looks like a snail.
- Glue the flower to the headband
It’s such an easy craft and the girls and I are loving it.